Strathmore & District Playschool invites applications for an energetic, diligent, motivated, teacher to job share the teaching role in our 3/4 year old classroom for the 2022/2023 school year.
This individual must demonstrate an understanding of working with preschool age children, willingness to work in collaboration with another teacher to plan lessons, crafts and activities, and possess great organizational skills to be able to share a classroom space.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Provide a safe and fun place for children, ages 3-5, to learn and grow
- Work in collaboration to prepare and implement daily lesson plans and activities
- Oversee all classroom activities
- Assist the children with material and directions
- Engage the children in age appropriate activities
An ideal candidate will possess
- Child Development Assistant Certificate (Level 1) or higher
- Current First Aid and CPR certification
- Current Vulnerable Sector Search and Criminal record checks
- Willingness to work in an effective and collaborative relationships with other staff members
- Experience working with 3 and 4 year old children
- Patience and understanding towards students
- Ability to respect all FOIP guidelines
- Willingness to follow and adhere to all following Alberta Health Services Health and Safety Childcare Guidelines
This position will be a minimum of two half days per week, with potential of two full days per week.
Salary will be dependent on education and years of experience.